Discover the power of Google Ads and how mastering this tool can open up numerous career opportunities in the digital marketing realm. This guide discusses the best learning methods, what to study first, and details on Google Ads classes provided by Noble Desktop.
- Google Ads is an effective online advertising platform launched in 2000, which allows businesses to reach their target audience through keyword-focused ads.
- Learning Google Ads can significantly contribute to your digital marketing strategy, as it provides highly targeted advertising opportunities and measurable success parameters.
- Google Ads is a pay-per-click platform that generates immediate leads and sales, making it an efficient tool for businesses of all sizes.
- The learning process of Google Ads may be challenging due to numerous parameters, but it is manageable with the right resources like tutorials, podcasts, books, or classes.
- Noble Desktop offers comprehensive in-person and online courses in Google Ads that can help both beginners and experienced users.
- A career in digital marketing can benefit from essential skills like technology affinity, data analysis, design, video production and editing, multitasking, problem-solving, and creativity.
Google Ads is a powerful tool to help increase internet sales. You might worry that Google Ads will be too hard to learn. If you like working with numbers and data, enjoy technology, and are a creative thinker, you should be able to learn Google Ads. This guide will help you understand the best methods for learning Google Ads and what you should study first to make the learning process easier. This way, you’ll be successful however you choose to apply your new skills.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is a paid online advertising platform that lets you create ads to reach people who are interested in the products and services you offer. Launched in 2000 as Google Adwords, Google upgraded and rebranded the service as Google Ads in 2018. Companies can use Google Ads to advertise and promote a business, product, or brand by choosing specific keywords. The right combination of keywords can lead to more traffic and more revenue.
Business is moving more and more online. Now is the time to develop a digital marketing strategy and create foundations for online business, and Google Ads should be a big part of that. Using Google Ads provides a chance to create highly targeted advertisements. You can reach more members of your target audience, and you’re also able to measure your success (and where you need to improve). Since any company can create a Google Ads account, this method of digital marketing levels the playing field, allowing businesses of any size to compete.
Additionally, there is a low barrier to entry: you can start advertising for a minimum amount and build as your company grows.
Read more about what Google Ads is and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Google Ads?
Google Ads lets you generate leads and sales very quickly. This pay-per-click (PPC) platform has a low barrier to entry, and you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. Unlike organic search results earned through search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, PPC with Google Ads involves much less of a time commitment. The results are algorithm-based, and you can make real-time changes to your ads.
With billions of searches daily, using Google Ads to target your audience will drive profits. Google Ads lets you define your audience precisely, and you only pay when someone clicks your ad. You can also measure your success almost immediately and change your strategy when necessary. This levels the playing field to allow even small businesses to compete.
It doesn’t cost much to get started with Google Ads. You can set your budget as low as you need and increase the cap in time as you want. You only pay when a user clicks on your ad, and you can grow at a comfortable rate.
Is Google Ads Easy to Learn?
Google Ads can be challenging to learn because of the volume of information you need to take in to get started. Google Ads lets you target your advertising so specifically that there are many parameters to consider. Still, if you enjoy working with numbers and are comfortable with technology, you shouldn’t have too much trouble. You can watch some free tutorials, listen to podcasts, or read books, but most people find it easier to take a class when they learn something new.
Noble Desktop offers a couple of courses in Google Ads. These classes are available in person at Noble’s NYC location, or students can attend live online Google Ads classes from anywhere in the world. Not interested in taking a longer course but still want to learn? Get a general overview of Google Ads with Noble’s free Pillars of Digital Marketing seminar. Another free resource available from Noble Desktop is their digital marketing blog, which has a wealth of informative articles about web analytics and other topics. You can also take free classes at Google Academy.
What to Know Before Learning Google Ads
Having some skills makes learning Google Ads easier. An affinity for working with technology and data can make learning Google Ads easier. Some soft skills that will help are persistence and creativity.
The skills listed below are necessary for a successful digital marketing career in which you would use Google Ads. Students can learn these primary skills from classes and tutorials. Before becoming a Digital Marketer, you should at least be familiar with digital marketing software tools like Google Analytics, paid and unpaid ads, and data analytics.
If the thought of digging in and learning a new digital marketing software tool excites you, you should have no trouble learning to use Google Ads. Digital Marketers spend most of their time online and on screens. Some of the most popular tools Digital Marketers use help them perform web analytics, keyword research, data visualization, and social media analytics. Tools enable Digital Marketers to create email campaigns, produce and schedule content, and manage paid and unpaid advertising. Digital Marketers must also keep up with rapidly changing markets and emerging tools and platforms like Google Ads.
Data analytics involves organizing and analyzing data to extract relevant information, trends, and insights. Google Ads is an analytics tool to help you attract customers through searches for keywords and phrases. There are many parameters to set in Google Ads to help you reach the customers who will be interested in your products and services, and sorting that out can be a bit overwhelming; this is where classes can help.
While analyzing data is an essential skill for Digital Marketers, data insight is also important. Google Ads is based on data insights that you can use to set up your campaign and tell if it is effective. Data insight lets you know if you need to change your strategy to reach marketing goals.
In addition to the skills above, people who want to learn Google Ads can benefit from other abilities like design and video editing. Personality traits like multitasking, problem-solving, and creativity also give you a good chance of succeeding in a career in digital marketing.
Design skills can be a plus for Digital Marketers. User experience or UX design focuses on what users need, what they value, and what their abilities and limitations are. Designers need to research to find out what users are experiencing as they try to use an app or website. They use that data to create user personas and then design a product that meets the needs of the users and the business. They also test the product or website to see if it works as expected, and the process begins again. Designers are always looking to create the best user experience possible. This skill can be helpful for people who are using Google Ads to get products to customers who want or need them.
Video Production and Editing
Another valuable skill for people who are creating online ads is video production and editing. Video ads are a powerful marketing tool, and the ability to create content in this medium will put you in a good position when you are looking for a job.
The ability to keep up with several tasks simultaneously can be helpful for people who want to learn Google Ads to become Digital Marketers. There are demographic, geographical, and interest parameters to consider when creating ads, as well as ad type and costs.
Things don’t always work how you want them to, especially on the internet. Finding a solution to a problem and sticking with it until it is solved is a valuable skill for people who want to learn Google Ads for their own business or to change to a career in digital marketing.
Creativity is an essential characteristic for anyone involved in sales, and Digital Marketers are no exception. You need to be creative to create ideas for ads, write copy, or choose images. Google Ads has many internal tools to walk you through setting up your ad, but creativity will help.
Learn Google Ads with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
Learning Google Ads is useful for anyone who wants to sell anything on the internet, but If you want to change careers and become a Digital Marketer, you can sign up for Google Ads Bootcamp. This two-part class will cover how to set up an account, determine keyword strategies, control who sees your ads and when, bid successfully, create the best ads, and automate your campaign.
Another way to prepare for a career using Google Ads as a Digital Marketer is to take a digital marketing certificate course. Noble’s Digital Marketing Certificate includes the digital marketing, SEO, and Google Analytics bootcamps, plus Google Ads and classes on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter marketing, as well as content marketing with blogs.
Use Noble Desktop’s Classes Near Me to find other courses in digital marketing in your area.
- Google Ads is a paid search platform powered by Google.
- It can help you generate leads and increase sales more quickly than organic search.
- It doesn’t cost much to get started with Google Ads, and you can set limits to be sure you don’t spend more than you want to.
- You can learn Google Ads to increase sales for your own website or switch to a career as a Digital Marketer.
- Google Ads can be challenging to learn, but you can watch tutorials, listen to podcasts, read books, or take classes to make it easier.
- Some skills that can help you learn Google Ads are an affinity for technology, working with data, design, video production and editing, multitasking, problem-solving, and creativity.
- Choose between in-person, live online, or on-demand classes to learn Google Ads.
- You can receive comprehensive Google Ads training through an in-person or live online course with Noble Desktop.
How to Learn Google Ads
Master Google Ads with hands-on training. Google Ads is a digital platform used for bidding on paid advertisements to drive search traffic to a website.
- Google Ads Bootcamp at Noble Desktop: live, instructor-led course available in NYC or live online
- Find Google Ads Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a Google Ads class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online Google Ads classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite Google Ads training