Many professionals are eager to learn Google Ads but hesitate because of the perceived up-front costs. That isn’t a concern with Google Ads because it is free to use. You don’t pay anything until you set up a campaign and users start clicking on your ad. Check out the surprising amount of free resources available to help beginners get the hang of this exciting program.
Read on to learn more about the different types of free resources and tutorials available to help you learn Google Ads.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is a paid online advertising platform that lets you create ads to reach people who are interested in the products and services you offer. Launched in 2000 as Google Adwords, Google upgraded and rebranded the service as Google Ads in 2018. Companies can use Google Ads to advertise and promote a business, product, or brand by choosing specific keywords. The right combination of keywords can lead to more traffic and more revenue.
Business is moving more and more online. Now is the time to develop a digital marketing strategy and create foundations for online business, and Google Ads should be a big part of that. Using Google Ads provides a chance to create highly targeted advertisements. You can reach more members of your target audience, and you’re also able to measure your success (and where you need to improve). Since any company can create a Google Ads account, this method of digital marketing levels the playing field, allowing businesses of any size to compete.
Additionally, there is a low barrier to entry: you can start advertising for a minimum amount and build as your company grows.
Read more about what Google Ads is and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Google Ads?
Google Ads lets you generate leads and sales very quickly. This pay-per-click (PPC) platform has a low barrier to entry, and you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. Unlike organic search results earned through search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, PPC with Google Ads involves much less of a time commitment. The results are algorithm-based, and you can make real-time changes to your ads.
With billions of searches daily, using Google Ads to target your audience will drive profits. Google Ads lets you define your audience precisely, and you only pay when someone clicks your ad. You can also measure your success almost immediately and change your strategy when necessary. This levels the playing field to allow even small businesses to compete.
It doesn’t cost much to get started with Google Ads. You can set your budget as low as you need and increase the cap in time as you want. You only pay when a user clicks on your ad, and you can grow at a comfortable rate.
Free Resources for Learning Google Ads
While it is free to open a Google account and get started with Google Ads, this powerful tool can be customized in so many ways that learning it can be a challenge. You have many choices regarding free resources to learn Google Ads, but most people start with Google itself.
Google Academy offers many free tutorials on Google Ads through Skillshare. There are classes to get you ready for Google’s certifications in Google Ads in Search, Display, Video, Shopping Ads, Apps, and Measurement. Beyond certifications, you can explore discovery ads, privacy concerns, growing offline sales, and understanding your audience through the Google Insights tool. Google also provides exercises and sample exams to help you prepare for the certification tests.
YouTube offers many free video tutorials on Google Ads from basic to advanced levels. Here are some free video tutorials to check out:
- Surfside PPC channel has many video tutorials to help you get started on Google Ads and also is up-to-date on new changes to the pay-per-click tool, such as the Performance Max Campaign. The tutorials are step-by-step guides geared toward beginners.
- Guaranteed PPC offers videos from the strategy perspective. They have many tutorials on specific topics like finding long-tail keywords, setting a budget, how to test a landing page, and so on.
- Davie Fogarty has a complete guide to Google Ads 2022. His tutorials are based on his knowledge of Ecommerce through his many brands of clothing, sports equipment, and cleaning supplies. Fogarty demonstrates the process of building an ad campaign, plus advice on strategy.
- If you want to learn more about using Google Ads on mobile apps, check out ZoCo Marketing’s channel for tutorials on the Google Universal App Campaign. He walks you through setting up a campaign on Google’s different apps like YouTube, Search, and PlayStore.
Podcasts are another free resource you can use to learn Google Ads.
- The Paid Search Podcast is a weekly program with Chris Schaeffer and Jason Rothman on using Google Ads to build your business online. The podcast is geared toward business owners, agency marketers, and freelancers to help them get the most for their money on Google Ads.
- Rothman PPC is Rothman’s own show about using Google Ads from more of a life perspective.
- Google Ads Strategy with Kyle Sulerud focuses on strategies for Google Ads and YouTube advertising.
- Google Ads Mastery Sessions is a podcast helping listeners learn more about paid advertising with strategies for success.
- Google Ads Fundamentals Podcast is designed to help beginners get started with Google Ads. The podcast has a companion video tutorial that covers everything necessary to bolster your courage and get going. The podcast host is Mike Rhodes, who co-authored The Ultimate Guide to Google Ads, a top-rated book on Google Ads.
- All kinds of businesses use Google Ads, and the Google Ads for Service Businesses Podcast helps you figure out how to advertise services on Google.
Learn Google Ads with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
Learning Google Ads is useful for anyone who wants to sell anything on the internet, but If you want to change careers and become a Digital Marketer, you can sign up for Google Ads Bootcamp. This two-part class will cover how to set up an account, determine keyword strategies, control who sees your ads and when, bid successfully, create the best ads, and automate your campaign.
Another way to prepare for a career using Google Ads as a Digital Marketer is to take a digital marketing certificate course. Noble’s Digital Marketing Certificate includes the digital marketing, SEO, and Google Analytics bootcamps, plus Google Ads and classes on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter marketing, as well as content marketing with blogs.
Use Noble Desktop’s Classes Near Me to find other courses in digital marketing in your area.
- Google Ads is a paid search platform powered by Google.
- It can help you generate leads and increase sales more quickly than organic search.
- It doesn’t cost much to get started with Google Ads, and you can set limits to be sure you don’t spend more than you want to.
- A Google account is free, and many free resources are available to help you learn Google Ads, including Google Academy on Skillshare, numerous channels on YouTube, and numerous podcasts.
- You can also choose classes to learn Google Ads.
- You can receive comprehensive Google Ads training through an in-person or live online course with Noble Desktop.