Discover the power of Google Ads and how it can level the marketing field for businesses of all sizes. Learn about the differences between certifications and certificates, and the key role they can play in your digital marketing career.
- Google Ads is a vital tool in digital marketing, enabling businesses to create highly targeted advertisements and compete in the online marketplace.
- The platform offers a low barrier to entry, making it an accessible marketing strategy even for small businesses.
- Understanding the difference between certifications and certificates is essential; certifications require a competency test, while certificates need course completion.
- Obtaining a Google Ads certificate can enhance your job prospects in the digital marketing field.
- Various learning platforms offer Google Ads courses, including Noble Desktop, Google's Skillshop, LinkedIn Learning, and Udemy.
- The potential salaries for positions requiring Google Ads expertise vary widely, but professionals with these skills are highly sought after in the job market.
If you’re looking for a way to demonstrate your skills in Google Ads, you might be overwhelmed by the different certifications and certificate programs available. You might also have many questions, such as Will a certificate help you get a job? Is there a difference between a certificate and a certification? How do I prepare for these credentials?This article aims to answer these questions so you can efficiently choose the right path towards a Google Ads certification. Keep reading to find out more.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is a paid online advertising platform that lets you create ads to reach people who are interested in the products and services you offer. Launched in 2000 as Google Adwords, Google upgraded and rebranded the service as Google Ads in 2018. Companies can use Google Ads to advertise and promote a business, product, or brand by choosing specific keywords. The right combination of keywords can lead to more traffic and more revenue.
Business is moving more and more online. Now is the time to develop a digital marketing strategy and create foundations for online business, and Google Ads should be a big part of that. Using Google Ads provides a chance to create highly targeted advertisements. You can reach more members of your target audience, and you’re also able to measure your success (and where you need to improve). Since any company can create a Google Ads account, this method of digital marketing levels the playing field, allowing businesses of any size to compete.
Additionally, there is a low barrier to entry: you can start advertising for a minimum amount and build as your company grows.
Read more about what Google Ads is and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Google Ads?
Google Ads lets you generate leads and sales very quickly. This pay-per-click (PPC) platform has a low barrier to entry, and you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. Unlike organic search results earned through search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, PPC with Google Ads involves much less of a time commitment. The results are algorithm-based, and you can make real-time changes to your ads.
With billions of searches daily, using Google Ads to target your audience will drive profits. Google Ads lets you define your audience precisely, and you only pay when someone clicks your ad. You can also measure your success almost immediately and change your strategy when necessary. This levels the playing field to allow even small businesses to compete.
It doesn’t cost much to get started with Google Ads. You can set your budget as low as you need and increase the cap in time as you want. You only pay when a user clicks on your ad, and you can grow at a comfortable rate.
Certifications vs. Certificates: What’s the Difference?
Google Ads certifications and certificates are similar in that they both demonstrate that you are proficient in using Google Ads. The primary difference is that you must pass a test to earn a certification. To get a certificate, you need to take a course. If you want to work as a Digital Marketer, you can get a college degree in marketing, or you can enroll in a certificate program. Four years at a college or university is costly, so many people opt to earn professional certification to learn about Google Ads for digital marketing. Certificate programs take several months to complete, considerably shorter than college. These intensive courses focus exclusively on the latest Google Ads best practices.
Once you complete the course, you will be awarded a certificate that you can attach to your online resume or profile on LinkedIn. This tells prospective employers that you have been trained in the latest techniques in Google Ads. Training programs hire experienced instructors with Google Ads in the marketing industry. These professionals are more familiar with the rapidly changing internet trends than college professors.
Certifications indicate that you took a competency test to prove that you know a software tool or process. Some tests are free, and some you must pay for. Sometimes the test is given at the end of a training course, and some certifications have an expiration date and have to be renewed.
Top Certifications & Certificates for Google Ads
Should I Get Certified in Google Ads?
If you are planning to change careers and become a Digital Marketer, a Google Ads certificate can be a real plus when you start applying for jobs. Google Ads is a powerful and complicated tool; earning a certificate lets prospective employers know that you have put in the time to learn it and can do the job.
How to Get Certified in Google Ads
You can choose between in-person, live online, or on-demand, asynchronous classes to earn a certificate in Google Ads.
You can learn Google Ads through Noble Desktop in a two-day Google Ads Bootcamp that includes a certificate of completion when you finish. The class covers how to set up an account, keyword strategies, controlling who sees your ads, bidding strategies, creating the best ads, and automating your campaign.
Google offers several certifications in Google Ads through Skillshop. You can earn certificates in search, display, measurement, video, shopping ads, and apps, as well as a creative certification and one in growing offline sales. Google’s classes are free.
LinkedIn Learning has classes using Google Ads for both beginners and advanced students, along with writing ad copy. LinkedIn Learning offers a 30-day free trial before paying for a subscription, with rates starting at $26.99 a month.
You can earn a Google Ads certification through Udemy. The course covers concepts progressing from basic to advanced levels to help you pass the Google Search Certification Exam.
Hubspot offers a free guide to help you pass the Google Ads Search Certification Exam. It covers creating a search campaign, generating leads, and setting a budget.
Learn Google Ads with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
Learning Google Ads is useful for anyone who wants to sell anything on the internet, but If you want to change careers and become a Digital Marketer, you can sign up for Google Ads Bootcamp. This two-part class will cover how to set up an account, determine keyword strategies, control who sees your ads and when, bid successfully, create the best ads, and automate your campaign.
Another way to prepare for a career using Google Ads as a Digital Marketer is to take a digital marketing certificate course. Noble’s Digital Marketing Certificate includes the digital marketing, SEO, and Google Analytics bootcamps, plus Google Ads and classes on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter marketing, as well as content marketing with blogs.
Use Noble Desktop’s Classes Near Me to find other courses in digital marketing in your area.
- Google Ads is a paid search platform powered by Google.
- It can help you generate leads and increase sales more quickly than organic search.
- It doesn’t cost much to get started with Google Ads, and you can set limits to be sure you don’t spend more than you want to.
- The primary difference is that you must pass a test to earn certification. To get a certificate, you need to take a course.
- Choose between in-person, live online, or on-demand classes to learn Google Ads.
- You can receive comprehensive Google Ads training through an in-person or live online course with Noble Desktop.
How to Learn Google Ads
Master Google Ads with hands-on training. Google Ads is a digital platform used for bidding on paid advertisements to drive search traffic to a website.
- Google Ads Bootcamp at Noble Desktop: live, instructor-led course available in NYC or live online
- Find Google Ads Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a Google Ads class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online Google Ads classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite Google Ads training