Explore the vast benefits of Facebook marketing and its potential to increase sales and brand awareness. Learn about the diverse career paths that open up with a solid understanding of Facebook marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, and data analytics.
- Facebook marketing leverages a platform with nearly 3 billion global users, allowing businesses to identify and connect with target audiences by posting high-quality content.
- Tools such as Facebook Ads and the Facebook Business Insights Suite offer both paid and unpaid advertising opportunities, and can quickly increase sales.
- Content marketing, another skill to learn after mastering Facebook marketing, involves the creation and management of engaging and informative content to build and maintain a community audience.
- Social media marketing encompasses numerous platforms including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and TikTok, focusing on audience engagement through both paid ads and organic content.
- Data analytics is another integral skill, enabling marketers to track campaigns, determine the effectiveness of strategies, and generate comprehensive reports for various stakeholders.
- Noble Desktop provides thorough, hands-on training in Facebook marketing, with offerings such as the Facebook Marketing Bootcamp and Social Media Marketing Certificate, which can be taken in-person or online.
Facebook is a fast and effective way to increase sales or build brand awareness. Facebook marketing gives you a social media platform to build followers, but if you are in a hurry, you can buy Facebook Ads to kickstart your campaign. If you already know how to use Facebook marketing, you might consider learningcontent marketing, social media marketing, or data analytics. We’ll cover these skillsbelow so you clearly understand what skill you want to tackle next.
What is Facebook Marketing?
Facebook is a free social media website that is part of Meta Platforms. Facebook boasts nearly 3 billion global users and is the most popular social network in the world. Facebook users interact with each other by sharing photos, memes, text-based notes, and videos. With Facebook marketing, you can identify and connect with a target audience by posting high-quality content to promote a brand or product. Facebook’s analytical tools can tell you how your campaign is doing so you know if you are reaching your goals.
Anyone can use Facebook with no costs or fees. Business accounts are free, but many businesses choose to pay for Facebook Ads instead of relying only on organic interactions with followers. Organic results don’t cost you anything, but they can take a long time to show an effect, whereas paid ads can quickly increase sales.
Read more about what Facebook marketing is and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Facebook Marketing?
When you sign up for a Facebook business account, you can use free analytical tools to tap into information from almost 3 billion users to determine your target audience. Once you know who you are trying to reach, set some goals for what you want to do on Facebook, and devise a plan for posting content.
You have many choices as to the type of content you post, including text, photos, videos, links, stories, and pinned posts. Other ways to engage with your audience include Facebook Live gatherings, watch parties, job listings, Messenger and chatbots, raising money for charities, Facebook Q&A, and groups.
Facebook also has analytical tools through the Facebook Business Insights Suite. This can help you create paid targeted ads through Facebook Ads, or you can use the free Facebook Pixel tool to gather data to use down the road if you decide to run paid ads later.
One skill that you could learn after Facebook marketing is content marketing. Content Marketers are responsible for developing and managing a company’s content strategy. They work with Writers and Videographers to create content such as blog posts, videos, social media posts, emails, ebooks, and reports to inform, engage, or entertain a target audience. As with Facebook Marketers, storytelling ability is crucial to build and maintain a community audience.
Content Marketers also need to understand search engine optimization in order to choose the best keywords to ensure good ranking on Google. You also need to know how to use data analytics tools similar to tools on Facebook. Finally, Content Marketers need to create a content schedule, which is similar to a schedule for publishing posts on Facebook.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is another skill you could learn after Facebook marketing. Social Media Marketers use many platforms, such as Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and TikTok, in addition to Facebook, to connect with a target audience. This is very similar on a fundamental level to Facebook marketing.
As with Facebook, social media marketing involves paid and unpaid advertising. Paid marketing means buying ads, and unpaid marketing relies on posted content, clicks, likes, and shares called “earned marketing.” Other similarities between Facebook marketing and social media marketing are setting goals, defining an audience, choosing content, and engaging with followers. You also need to use analytics to collect, track, and analyze data on social media accounts so you can figure out what is working for you.
Data Analysts use statistics to track marketing campaigns and determine if a strategy is working. This is similar to what Facebook Marketers do, except on a broader scale. If you enjoy working with Facebook’s analytical tools, data analytics might be a good choice of skill to learn after Facebook marketing. Data Analysts also generate reports to share with the marketing team, investors, and others involved in the campaign.
Learn Facebook Marketing with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
You can learn Facebook marketing with classes from Noble Desktop. For a solid introduction to Facebook marketing, sign up for the Facebook Marketing Bootcamp. This course will help you switch to a career in the industry. Classes are small, and instructors are experienced with social media marketing. You can retake the course for free up to a year after you first take it. You can attend in-person classes at Noble Desktop’s New York City location or attend live online from anywhere in the world.
For a deeper dive, try Noble Desktop’s Social Media Marketing Certificate. With this class, you can master successful social media marketing tools and techniques across platforms. You will learn about strategy development, content creation, brand building, analytics, and conversion optimization.
Noble Desktop also offers more detailed courses for those looking to hone their skills on specific channels, such as Email Marketing, Social Media Content Marketing: Blogs & Twitter, and Video Marketing: TikTok & YouTube. Other Noble Desktop resources that can help prepare for a career in Facebook marketing include its digital marketing blog, which has detailed articles about social media marketing, SEO, and other essential tools for digital marketers. Further resources include Noble’s seminar entitled Intro to Facebook Marketing.
- Facebook is a free social media platform with almost 3 billion users.
- Facebook marketing lets you identify a target audience, set goals, and build relationships with your audience through engagement.
- After you learn Facebook marketing, you might be interested in content marketing, social media marketing, data analytics, or another field.
- You can receive comprehensive Facebook marketing training through an in-person or live online course with Noble Desktop.
How to Learn Facebook Marketing
Master Facebook marketing with hands-on training. Facebook is
- Facebook Marketing Bootcamp at Noble Desktop: live, instructor-led course available in NYC or live online
- Find Facebook Marketing Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a Facebook marketing class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online Facebook marketing classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite digital marketing training