- Back-end web development is crucial for modern websites as it allows complex programs to operate on the site, store relevant information, and generate new content based on user actions.
- Python is an easy-to-learn, object-oriented programming language ideal for those interested in data sciences and game design. It's also useful for machine learning applications.
- Data science allows developers to draw insights from website data to improve overall website performance. Data scientists and analysts play a key role in interpreting website data and implementing changes.
What is Back End Web Development?
Back end web development covers the back end, or “server-side,” of websites. Essentially, it’s the part of websites that handles everything that happens behind the scenes. Without back end web development, websites would only have text, images, and sometimes animations.
Back end web development is important because it helps websites function. While websites can operate using only front end web development, they will be relatively basic and unable to retain anything. Back end web development allows complex programs to operate on the site, store relevant information, and generate new content based on the user’s actions. Modern websites need back end web development to stay current because simple websites can only go so far in the increasingly digital world.
Read more about back end web development and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Back End Web Development?
While front end web development focuses on the parts of websites that users see, back end web development handles most of its functions. Back-end web development skills are essential when it comes to organizing, cataloging, and saving (or deleting) data. Without these skills, websites are static and lifeless. You’ll need to use back end web development to ensure that your site meets modern standards and user expectations. Front-end-only websites might lead to user frustration if the site is intended for complex uses such as data retrieval.
Back end web development allows websites to store login information and prevent user frustration from forgetting their password when they revisit your site. If you’ve accidentally logged out of essential websites after clearing your cache, you know how much of a headache it can be to re-login to every site you visit. Your users will appreciate the ease of access to their accounts, which will help enhance their overall user experience.
Python is meant for those interested in learning an object-oriented programming language, which means it organizes data—formally called “objects”—to work with information. It’s a relatively simple language to learn, and if you already have experience learning one programming language from web development, you’ll easily learn Python. It’s also one of the best languages to learn for data sciences and game design.
Python is useful for machine learning, which can help keep your users engaged by putting information in front of them that’s relevant to their interests and needs. Machine learning is a more advanced topic, but you’ll become an invaluable team member once you know it.
Data Scientists have an important role in building websites since they are responsible for interpreting the information that the website receives and using it to improve its features. They work alongside Data Analysts to review user activity on the website and help the team implement changes as needed.
Learn Back End Web Development with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
Learning back end web development is pretty straightforward, and the process can become easier when working with a well-prepared training facility. Noble Desktop has taught live online back end web development classes and other computer science subjects for over 30 years. They’re an excellent choice when you’re looking to expand your career or start a new one.
How to Learn Back End Web Development
- Find Web Development Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a web development class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online web development classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite web development training