Interested in learning back end web development but concerned about the costs? Discover how you can utilize free resources and tutorials to learn the ropes of back-end web development, potentially opening the door to a wide variety of professional roles.
- Back end web development handles the server-side of websites, controlling functions like storing login information and data cataloging.
- Free online resources like Noble Desktop's Learn Hubs offer centralized collections of guides and tutorials to aid in learning back end web development.
- Noble Desktop provides live online back end web development classes for those seeking a more structured approach to learning.
- Investing in a Full Stack Web Development Certificate program can expand your knowledge to include both front end and back end principles, broadening your career prospects.
- While free resources and tutorials are immensely helpful, they should be complemented with professional guidance for comprehensive understanding and skill development.
You might be ready to learn back end web development but hesitate due to the perceived up-front costs. Thankfully, once you’ve finished your training, back end web development and its programming languages are free to use. There are also a surprising amount of free resources to help beginners learn the basics and point new professionals in the right direction. This guide will help you learn about the free resources and tutorials available to help you learn back-end web development.
What is Back End Web Development?
Back end web development covers the back end, or “server-side,” of websites. Essentially, it’s the part of websites that handles everything that happens behind the scenes. Without back end web development, websites would only have text, images, and sometimes animations.
Back end web development is important because it helps websites function. While websites can operate using only front end web development, they will be relatively basic and unable to retain anything. Back end web development allows complex programs to operate on the site, store relevant information, and generate new content based on the user’s actions. Modern websites need back end web development to stay current because simple websites can only go so far in the increasingly digital world.
Read more about back end web development and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Back End Web Development?
While front end web development focuses on the parts of websites that users see, back end web development handles most of its functions. Back-end web development skills are essential when it comes to organizing, cataloging, and saving (or deleting) data. Without these skills, websites are static and lifeless. You’ll need to use back end web development to ensure that your site meets modern standards and user expectations. Front-end-only websites might lead to user frustration if the site is intended for complex uses such as data retrieval.
Back end web development allows websites to store login information and prevent user frustration from forgetting their password when they revisit your site. If you’ve accidentally logged out of essential websites after clearing your cache, you know how much of a headache it can be to re-login to every site you visit. Your users will appreciate the ease of access to their accounts, which will help enhance their overall user experience.
Free Back End Web Development Tutorials
You might have found a handful of tutorials online, but how many are free? Take some time to review the following video lessons to help you get started. The web development and design playlist has a collection of free online tutorials for learning web development.
As you watch these lessons, remember which topics appeal the most to you. It’s important to note that while video tutorials are helpful, they don’t replace the level of attention you would get from working with an expert. Use these to get an overview and learn the basics. That will make things easier when searching for classes to progress in your career.
Free Back End Web Development Resources
It can be overwhelming searching through these websites because both programming languages are so popular—there’s a large amount of information and topics on each. For more focused resources, especially those dedicated to learning back-end web development, check out the free resources on Noble Desktop’s Learn Hubs.
Learn Back End Web Development with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
Learning back end web development is pretty straightforward, and the process can become easier when working with a well-prepared training facility. Noble Desktop has taught live online back end web development classes and other computer science subjects for over 30 years. They’re an excellent choice when you’re looking to expand your career or start a new one.
- Online resources are a perfect way to learn back end web development for free.
- Video tutorials are helpful when you’re searching for an overview before you sign up for your first class.
- Noble Desktop’s Learn Hubs, specifically the resources for back end web development, will be able to guide you every step of the way.
How to Learn Back End Web Development
- Find Web Development Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a web development class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online web development classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite web development training