Learn about the intricacies of back end web development and understand how it impacts the functionality of websites. Discover how learning these skills can open up career opportunities and get insights into the cost of various training programs.
- Back end web development is crucial for the functioning of modern websites, as it enables complex programs, data storage, and content generation based on user's actions.
- Back end web development skills are essential for organizing, cataloging, and saving data, making websites dynamic and user-friendly.
- The cost of learning back end web development can range from $2,500 to $60,000 depending on the type of program, with four-year degree programs on the higher end of the scale.
- Noble Desktop offers a Full Stack Web Development Certificate program, which covers both front end and back end web development, making it a comprehensive option for those looking to specialize in this field.
- For those not ready to commit to a full program, free online classes can provide foundational knowledge of back end web development.
- Professionals with back end web development skills have a wide array of career opportunities, with varying salary ranges depending on the role and industry.
Back end web development is free to use, but how much does it cost to learn? It can cost anywhere between $2,500 to $60,000 depending on where you look. Undoubtedly, you’ll want to consider the training costs before you sign up for a back end web development course. This guide will provide an overview of how much you can expect to spend on back end web development training.
What is Back End Web Development?
Back end web development covers the back end, or “server-side,” of websites. Essentially, it’s the part of websites that handles everything that happens behind the scenes. Without back end web development, websites would only have text, images, and sometimes animations.
Back end web development is important because it helps websites function. While websites can operate using only front end web development, they will be relatively basic and unable to retain anything. Back end web development allows complex programs to operate on the site, store relevant information, and generate new content based on the user’s actions. Modern websites need back end web development to stay current because simple websites can only go so far in the increasingly digital world.
Read more about back end web development and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Back End Web Development?
While front end web development focuses on the parts of websites that users see, back end web development handles most of its functions. Back-end web development skills are essential when it comes to organizing, cataloging, and saving (or deleting) data. Without these skills, websites are static and lifeless. You’ll need to use back end web development to ensure that your site meets modern standards and user expectations. Front-end-only websites might lead to user frustration if the site is intended for complex uses such as data retrieval.
Back end web development allows websites to store login information and prevent user frustration from forgetting their password when they revisit your site. If you’ve accidentally logged out of essential websites after clearing your cache, you know how much of a headache it can be to re-login to every site you visit. Your users will appreciate the ease of access to their accounts, which will help enhance their overall user experience.
In-Depth Review of the Training Cost
Colleges and universities have many worthwhile programs, including those that cover the computer sciences. Tuition for these programs tends to be close to $60,000 for a four-year degree before factoring in associated costs such as housing, meal plans, and student loans. It may be worth considering if you’re younger and don’t have professional experience yet. If you’re already a professional in the working world, you may not want to commit to another four years of your time.
Another notable way to learn back end web development is through a training facility. Most programs through training centers take less time than colleges and universities to complete; the average is usually around six months to a year for back end web development. Individual classes cost about $2,500, but you can save some money by taking them through a certificate program.
Certificate programs are a bundle of courses that are taught together in sequence. They’re specifically packaged to teach a specific topic; for example, the Full Stack Web Development Certificate program is geared toward those who want to specialize in front end and back end web development. Think of them as majors that take less time to complete; they usually cost around $13,500 but cover the same classes that would cost $20,000 if taken individually.
Free Introductory Back End Web Development Course Online
It’s perfectly understandable if you’re not ready to take a full back end web development class. You may have a tight budget or schedule that prevents you from committing as much as you desire. That’s normal, and luckily there’s still a way to learn without spending money.
While in-person and live online courses are ideal for gaining knowledge because you’re working with an expert, free online classes are helpful to get an overview or obtain foundational knowledge of the subject without needing to pay for a class. The free Intro to Node course goes over how to use it to create servers required for back end programs to run properly. This class will help you get ahead of the curve once you sign up for a full class and make it easier to progress into more complex areas.
Read about more free back end web development videos and online tutorials.
Learn Back End Web Development with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
Learning back end web development is pretty straightforward, and the process can become easier when working with a well-prepared training facility. Noble Desktop has taught live online back end web development classes and other computer science subjects for over 30 years. They’re an excellent choice when you’re looking to expand your career or start a new one.
How to Learn Back End Web Development
- Find Web Development Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a web development class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online web development classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite web development training