Explore the myriad opportunities in data from learning Excel basics to mastering machine learning, and understand how advancing your data skills can launch or elevate your career. This article provides insights into how data is transforming businesses and the various data-related roles that are in high demand today.
- Understanding data is critical for a variety of roles including Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Business Intelligence Analysts, Data Architects, Marketing Analysts, and Business Systems Analysts.
- After mastering foundational data skills such as Microsoft Excel, one can explore more advanced data analysis tools like SQL and Tableau.
- Data science and data analytics play a crucial role in business decision-making, including setting budgets, predicting company growth, identifying industry trends and more.
- Advanced data science roles such as Python Engineers and Data Journalists require a deeper understanding of machine learning models and data interpretation.
- Noble Desktop offers a range of courses and bootcamps, from Excel for Data Analytics to Python for Data Science, to equip learners with industry-relevant data skills.
- Data Scientists and Data Analysts are in high demand due to their ability to help organizations make the most of every minute and every dollar.
“Data” is a broad term referring to facts and statistics collected for reference and analysis. Therefore “data training” ranges from learning Microsoft Excel fundamentals to mastering machine learning. After you have gained foundational data skills, there is still much left to explore. Read on to learn how to expand your data skills beyond the basics and what courses to take as a follow-up.
What is Data?
Data refers to facts and statistics collected for reference or analysis. Data allows businesses to track finances, marketing campaigns, market share, efficiency, and more. Today, data management systems can sort complex data from numerous sources using artificial intelligence and machine learning, giving businesses unparalleled insights. Some data management systems can also make future projections based on existing data. These forecasts assist businesses in planning budgets, setting goals, determining deadlines, and more.
We all use data daily, but some professions specialize in gathering, analyzing, storing, and managing data. These careers include Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Business Intelligence Analysts, Data Architects, Marketing Analysts, Business Systems Analysts, and more. Whether you wish to pursue one of these careers or simply want to understand the data systems and strategies that impact your business, online and in-person classes can teach you valuable skills.
Read more about what data is and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Data?
Data has nearly endless uses. Data measures the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, determines budgets, forecasts company growth, and highlights industry trends, trends within an organization, and more. Understanding data science and data analytics can help business owners better manage their organizations, help marketing teams become more efficient and effective, assist business leaders in determining goals, or help launch your career as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist.
Data science jobs include Python Engineers, Data Journalists, Data Engineers, Business Analysts, and more. Data Scientists create machine learning models that help process raw data, giving a company better insights. Analysts interpret and track this data to continuously improve processes. Data helps organizations make the most of every minute and every dollar, which is one reason Data Scientists and Data Analysts are in such high demand.
Going Beyond Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel has so many uses that you cannot cram them all into a single class. After taking either a Microsoft Excel Bootcamp or another Excel fundamentals class, you can progress to either an intermediate-level Excel course or an advanced Excel class. Noble Desktop’s Excel for Data Analytics class could be the perfect fit if you want to focus on Excel's data analytics capabilities.
Want to learn Excel alongside other data analytics technologies? Noble’s Data Analytics Technologies course covers Excel, SQL, and Tableau. If you want to dive deeper into data analytics, a data analytics certificate program can prepare you for a career as a Data Analyst. Specific data analytics skills you’ll want to gain include using Python for data science, automation, data visualization, and machine learning. You can learn these skills as part of a data analytics certificate program or through specific courses and bootcamps like Noble’s Python for Data Science Bootcamp.
Other data analytics tools to consider learning include Google Analytics and Tableau. Google Analytics provides valuable insights on web traffic, social media campaigns, web app usage, and more. Tableau lets you create interactive dashboards and data visualizations to present to stakeholders. Noble Desktop offers a Google Analytics Bootcamp and Tableau Bootcamp.
Going Beyond Google Analytics
Once you’ve completed a Google Analytics bootcamp, you may want to learn about integrating Google Ads. You can also explore certificate courses such as Noble Desktop’s Digital Marketing Certificate and Data Analytics Certificate programs.
Noble’s Google Ads Bootcamp is a live online course that covers how to set up Google Ads, manage keywords, find your audience, manage bids, and more. You can use Google Ads and Google Analytics together to track how people behave on your website after clicking on your ad.
If you want to master even more digital marketing tools and skills, Noble’s Digital Marketing Certificate program covers content marketing, email marketing, SEO, and social media marketing.
While the Digital Marketing Certificate program teaches the creative and strategic side of marketing, Noble’s Data Analytics Certificate program focuses on programming and other science-based skills needed for a career as a Data Analyst. The Data Analytics Certificate program covers Excel for data analytics, data analytics foundations, SQL, Tableau, and various uses of Python.
Building On Data Science Fundamentals
When you are ready to go beyond data science fundamentals, you can further your knowledge through a data science certificate course or classes that teach specific data science skills, such as Noble Desktop’s Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp. This bootcamp covers Python programming fundamentals and how to analyze data with NumPy, Matplotlib, and Pandas. You will also learn to apply statistical analyses to create predictive models with machine learning. Students also gain hands-on experience creating data visualizations.
Python programming accounts for many of the skills applied to data science. You can learn specific Python skills through live online classes or multiple Python coding skills through a Python coding bootcamp.
- “Data training” is a broad term referring to everything from learning Excel basics to preparing for a career in data science. What skills and tools you follow up with depends on the type of data training you complete and your plans for applying these skills.
- You can learn beginner, intermediate, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills if you want to learn specific data tools. After learning Excel, you can learn other data analytics technologies or dive deeper into data analytics through a certificate program.
- Google Analytics provides data about user behavior on websites and web apps. You can take beginner, intermediate, and advanced Google Analytics classes. After learning Google Analytics, follow up with Google Ads, which you can use in combination with Google Analytics. You can also further your digital marketing skills through a certificate course or continue learning about data analytics.
- Once you have learned the fundamental principles of data science, you can explore Python programming skills through specific classes or a certificate program.
Learn Data with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
Noble Desktop offers hands-on training in data science and data analytics. These courses are led by expert instructors and include hands-on projects, small class sizes, and free retake options. Noble offers a Data Analytics Certificate and Data Science Certificate. Both certificate programs include one-on-one mentoring, setup assistance, flexible payment options, and career preparation.
You can also focus on learning specific data science or analytics skills through classes and bootcamps. Learn how to write SQL queries, join tables, aggregate data, and filter results with SQL Bootcamp. The Tableau for Data Visualization course shows you how to convert raw data into interactive visualizations.
You can explore multiple data analytics and data science training options here.
How to Learn Data
Master data analytics, data science, and data visualization with hands-on training. Learn tops tools for working with data, including Python for data science and software like Excel, Tableau, and SQL.
- Data Analytics Certificate at Noble Desktop: live, instructor-led course available in NYC or live online
- Find Data Analytics Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a data analytics class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online data analytics classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite data analytics training