Take your Microsoft Word knowledge to the next level with this advanced course. Use automation to speed up your workflow, create custom style sets and templates for your documents, get to know advanced formatting techniques, and work with long documents. This class is ideal for anyone who wants to become faster and more efficient in their everyday Word usage.
This course has a prerequisite
As one of our smaller courses, tuition for this course is due in full before the start date. The best way to save on this course is to take it as part of a certificate program.
Due before the class starts
- 6 hours of hands-on instruction
- Live, project-based training from experts
- Retake for free within 1 year
- Verified digital certificate of completion
What’s included with my tuition?
- A hands-on learning experience working on projects and exercises, which is proven to boost comprehension, retention, and engagement
- Expert instructors who are industry professionals and experienced educators that are driven to help you succeed
- Top-notch curricula that have been tried and tested over many cohorts and are consistently improved for an optimal learning experience
- Supplemental materials to assist both during and after the course - please refer to specific course pages to see what supplemental materials are offered
- A 1-year free retake policy which allows students to retake any part of the course or program for free to refresh the materials and gain additional practice
- A certificate of completion to verify your accomplishment
Are there any additional fees or expenses?
There are no extra fees or taxes for our courses. The price you see on this page is the maximum you’ll pay us.
However, if you plan to take the course live online, you may need to obtain required software. We’ll help you get set up with a free trial of paid software prior to the class. Most of our coding classes utilize freely-available open-source software. For most of our design and motion graphics courses, we will help you get set up with a free trial of Adobe Creative Cloud. If you attend the course in-person, we will have a computer already set up for you with all of the required software for no additional cost.
Do you offer any discounts for this course?
We don’t currently offer discounts as we do our best to affordably prices our courses.
Learn the Skills Guarantee™
Learn the concepts and skills covered in this course or your tuition is on us. See details and terms & conditions.
Work on projects proven to boost retention
Refined over many cohorts for an optimal learning experience
The teaching method at Noble Desktop is perfect and the classes provide you with infinite knowledge that makes you eager to take everything they offer. I love Noble!
Learn from experts
Experienced educators who are driven to help you succeed
Retake for free
Refresh the materials for free within one year
Learn in Real-Time with Small Class Sizes
Attend this course in-person in NYC or Live Online via Zoom. Engage with expert instructors, ask questions, and get feedback on your exercises and projects. Switch between live-online and in-person as needed, even after the course has started.
Unlike other providers, these are not mass open-enrollment classes. At Noble Desktop, you’ll learn in small groups (typically 8-15 students) and receive personalized attention.
On Campus in NYC 185 Madison Ave, NYC
Get face-to-face interaction with an instructor and other students when you learn at our NYC campus. Courses are hands-on with a computer and software provided.
- Live, interactive class
- Experienced instructor in the room with you
- Computer and software provided
Live Online Remote, from anywhere
Get the same interactivity and access to the instructor as in-person students. There are no extra fees and we’ll work with you to ensure your remote setup is perfect.
- Live, interactive class
- Experienced instructor teaching over Zoom
- Remote setup assistance provided
Earn a Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of this course, you’ll receive an official certificate testifying to your mastery of the curriculum. We’ll send you a link where you can download your certificate, share it online with your friends, post it to your professional network on LinkedIn, and view all your earned certificates. Congratulations on your achievement!
Free Retake & Class Recordings
Missed a session or need a refresher? We have you covered!
We offer a single free retake of the the class within a year.
You can also access recordings of each session in your student portal within one business day of the session’s end. Recordings are available for one month after the session.
Microsoft Word Level II Curriculum
What You’ll Learn at a Glance
- Working with multiple documents
- Tracking changes
- Advanced formatting
- Reference tables
- Forms and mail merge
- Custom style sets and templates
Organizing Content Using Tables and Charts
- Sort Table Data
- Control Cell Layout
- Perform Calculations in a Table
- Create a Chart
- Add an Excel Table to a Word Document (Optional)
Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Create and Modify Text Styles
- Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Apply Document Themes
Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Insert Building Blocks
- Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create a Template
- Manage Templates with the Template Organizer
Controlling the Flow of a Document
- Control Paragraph Flow
- Insert Section Breaks
- Insert Columns
- Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Contents
- Insert an Ancillary Table
- Manage Outlines
- Create a Master Document
Using Mail Merge to Create Letters, Envelopes, and Labels
- The Mail Merge Feature
- Merge Envelopes and Labels
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this course require any prior knowledge or experience?
Do you offer payment plans or student financing for this course?
This course does not qualify for payments plans or student financing. See our Payment Plan FAQ to find related programs that qualify.
Can I take this course online (remote learning)?
You may attend this training virtually (online) at the scheduled time the course is offered (New York, Eastern Time).
How does attending “live online” work?
- Students can attend this training remotely through screen sharing software (we use Zoom).
- Participants can hear the instruction, ask questions, and even share their screen with the instructor.
- For audio you can use your computer’s microphone/speakers or call a phone number that we’ll provide.
- Classes are activity-based and taught by a live instructor, so we strongly encourage students who are local to the area to attend in person!
- You will need your own computer and copy of any required software. If you don’t have the software, you can usually do a free trial or purchase your own license. If you need assistance, contact us at email@example.com
What happens if I need to miss a session?
You have some options:
- You can watch a recording of the session. We will provide any course materials.
- If you can’t come into the classroom but can still attend remotely, we will provide you with the Zoom login information.
- You can use your free retake to make up any missed class time.
Compare Microsoft Word Level II to Similar Courses
Select up to two courses and tap Compare selected courses to view a side-by-side comparison of Microsoft Word Level II with your selected courses.
Microsoft Word Level I6 hours $249
Learn Microsoft Word's essential shortcuts and techniques in this hands-on, beginner-friendly class.
Microsoft Outlook Level I6 hours $249
In this beginner Outlook class, you will reduce hours of repetitive work by setting up rules and search folders to automate email, manage your calendar and to-do lists, manage emails and scheduling with ease, and organize your contacts.
Excel Bootcamp18 hours $549
Learn functions, formulas, Pivot Tables, Macros, and time-saving techniques in this hands-on Excel Bootcamp. You'll conquer all the keys skills to become proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Excel Level I: Fundamentals6 hours $249
In this beginner Excel workshop, you'll learn calculations, basic functions, graphs, formatting, printing - with a comprehensive course review at the end of the class. This basic Excel class is perfect for those with limited experience looking to expand their proficiency.
Corporate & Onsite Microsoft Word Training
Purchase group class vouchers at a discount for our regularly-scheduled group classes in NYC, or create a custom training program at your offices.
- Available onsite at your location
- Modern computer labs available at our offices
- Customize or choose from our existing courses
- Free instructor consultations to finalize content
Group Class Vouchers
- Send employees to our group classes
- Extensive offerings and flexible scheduling
- Simple billing and logistics
- Computers and training resources provided
We’ve trained thousands of companies!
Let us create the perfect program for your team.