Enhance your career prospects with Google Ads skills, opening doors to a variety of industries such as finance, insurance, retail, tourism, job training, education, and car dealerships. Learn how to maximize web traffic, drive sales and set the pace for success in your digital marketing career.
- Google Ads is a paid online advertising platform that accelerates the reach to your target audience more rapidly than organic search.
- It allows digital marketers to use both Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising tactics in their marketing strategy.
- Industries that predominantly use Google Ads include finance and insurance, retail sales, travel and tourism, job training and education, and car dealerships.
- The median annual wage in finance and insurance is $76,570, while the travel and tourism industry offers around $50,000.
- Noble Desktop offers a comprehensive Google Ads Bootcamp, offering classes on setting up an account, determining keyword strategies, ad creation, and campaign automation.
- Noble Desktop's Digital Marketing Certificate covers Google Ads along with digital marketing, SEO, social media marketing, and content marketing with blogs.
Google Ads can help any business increase sales by driving web traffic with targeted ads. Learning Google Ads can lead to a job as a Digital Marketer in many industries.An important aspect of receiving professional Google Ads training to set yourself up for a career change is learning what kinds of fields and industries that training will help you find work in. Each industry will have different requirements and expectations for prospective employees, and you should consider these expectations when you start your training. This is true for students who have an idea of what kind of work they want to do and those who aren’t yet sure what path to take after learning Google Ads skills.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is a paid online advertising platform that lets you reach your target audience more quickly than organic search. Google Ads creates highly targeted advertisements to reach your target audience and provides analytics to measure your success. Use Google Ads to promote a business, product, or brand by choosing the keywords most likely to increase traffic and greater revenue. Google Ads also has a low barrier to entry. You can start advertising for a minimum amount and build as your company grows.
Read more about what Google Ads is and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Google Ads Skills?
Use the Google Ads pay-per-click (PPC) platform to target your audience and drive profits. Define your audience by choosing precise keywords and only pay when someone clicks on your ad. With billions of searches daily, Google Ads measures your success and lets you change your strategy when necessary. This levels the playing field to allow even small businesses to compete.
It doesn’t cost much to get started with Google Ads, as you only pay when a user clicks on your ad, and it grows at a comfortable rate. Set your budget as low as you need and increase the cap whenever required.
Common Industries That Use Google Ads
Google Ads pay-per-click advertising platform is prominent by any business or industry that wants to spread the word about their goods or services. Because paid advertising works so much more quickly than organic search campaigns, Digital Marketers often use both Google Ads and SEO in their marketing strategy. Some common industries that use Google Ads the most are finance and insurance, retail, travel and tourism, job training and education, and car dealerships.
Finance and Insurance
The finance industry includes banking, investment businesses, insurance, and other businesses that involve handling money. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that this industry is projected to grow 7 percent through 2031, an average growth rate compared to other businesses.
Workers in the industry earn an annual median wage of $76,570, which is about $30,000 higher than the average of all occupations. The level of education needed in the finance industry ranges from some positions requiring a Master in Business Administration degree to others requiring a high school diploma. Here are some roles that are included in the financial and insurance industry:
- Bank Tellers
- Claims Adjusters
- Benefit Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Advisors
- Insurance Underwriters
- Human Resources Specialists
- Market Research Analysts
- Tax Preparers
Brick-and-mortar stores selling products of all kinds buy paid advertising with Google Ads. Retail workers are often called sales associates or clerks. They wait on customers, help them make purchases, and process payments in stores of all kinds and sizes. Employees also conduct inventory, order products, and design displays. Retail workers are sometimes promoted to management positions that often require supervisory and financial responsibilities.
The retail industry is steady and expected to grow little over the next ten years.
Retail workers earn a median yearly wage of $29,180 per hour, and this job has no educational requirements.
Travel and Tourism
Airlines, hotels, and tourist attractions help customers find flights, book rooms, and purchase tickets for events and attractions. Additionally, publicity through paid advertising is essential for the travel and tourism industry. These jobs usually require only a high school diploma, although some earn bachelor’s degrees in hospitality management.
The number of jobs in the industry is expected to grow by 18 percent in the next decade. The median annual salary in the travel and tourism industry is around $50,000. This field includes:
- Travel Agents
- Lodging Managers
- Event Planners
Jobs and Education
Job training and education businesses, including colleges and universities, advertise online to attract students. This is especially true of for-profit and private schools. People working as instructors need at least a bachelor’s degree and sometimes a master’s or Ph.D.
The industry is projected to grow by 7 percent through 2031, and the yearly median salary is $57,000. This field includes
- Elementary Teachers
- Secondary Teachers
- Adult Basic and ESL Teachers
- Instructional Coordinators
- Kindergarten and Preschool Teachers
- Library Technicians
- Special Education Teachers
- Teaching Assistants
- Vocational Instructors
Businesses that sell new or used cars and trucks rely heavily on pay-per-click advertising. People in this industry show vehicles to customers, explain the features available, arrange test drives, and help customers complete paperwork. The car sales industry has seen significant changes in recent years with the introduction of new car leasing and the appearance of car sales “superstores,” many of which operate online. The number of physical car dealerships has decreased sharply as the sale of cars and trucks has moved online.
Learn Google Ads Skills with Noble Desktop
If you want to change careers and become a Digital Marketer, sign up for Noble Desktop’s Google Ads Bootcamp. This class will cover setting up an account, determining keyword strategies, controlling who sees your ads and when they bid, creating the best ads, and automating your campaign. Noble’s Digital Marketing Certificate includes Google Ads plus digital marketing, SEO, social media marketing, and content marketing with blogs.
Use Noble Desktop’s Classes Near Me to find other courses in digital marketing in your area.
- Google Ads is a paid online advertising platform that lets you reach your target audience more quickly than organic search.
- Digital Marketers use organic search (SEO) and Pay Per Click advertising to market goods and services.
- Some of the industries that advertise with Google Ads include:
- Finance and insurance
- Retail sales
- Travel and tourism
- Jobs and education
- Car dealerships
- Get comprehensive Google Ads training through Noble Desktop, either in-person or online.
How to Learn Google Ads
Master Google Ads with hands-on training. Google Ads is a digital platform used for bidding on paid advertisements to drive search traffic to a website.
- Google Ads Bootcamp at Noble Desktop: live, instructor-led course available in NYC or live online
- Find Google Ads Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a Google Ads class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online Google Ads classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite Google Ads training