SQL level III guides students through advanced techniques in order to effectively create and maintain a highly efficient database. In SQL level III, you'll build a database that you'll use throughout the course to practice and refine your database management skills, including exporting data from external sources, creating temporary tables in lieu of unnecessary filtering, incorporating security measures to protect your data, and implementing stored procedures to maximize consistency and efficiency.
By mastering the skills taught in SQL III, you'll be able to confidently add advanced SQL to your portfolio of skills in web development, and you'll even be prepared to launch a career in database management!
SQL Level III is taught at our affiliate school, NYIM Training, in Midtown Manhattan.
Register for this class
185 Madison Ave, NYC
This course is offered at our business training school, NYIM Training, in Midtown Manhattan. Register for this course directly on NYIM’s website.
What You’ll Learn
- Create a database and tables
- Import data from Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel
- Write code to import, edit, and delete data
- Use security features to protect data integrity
- Develop database diagrams
- Make local and global temporary tables
- Implement stored procedures to automate workflows
SQL Level III Class Syllabus
Importing and Exporting Data
- Creating a Database and Tables in SQL
- Importing and Exporting Data from and to Excel
- Importing and Exporting Data from and to Access
- Importing, Updating and Deleting Data via Code
Building Control Structures
- Creating Primary Keys, Indexes and Constraints
- Setting up Referential Integrity
- Creating Database Diagrams
- Low Level Security Overview
- Local Temp Tables
- Global Temp Tables
- Parameter Queries using Variables through Views
- Automation of Workflow Processes
- Triggers to Create Workflow Events