The SQL Level I course will provide you with strong foundational skills within three core topics: Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMSs), SQL code, and Microsoft SQL Server. Using practical, hands-on exercises, our expert instructor will guide you through understanding database architecture and will develop your skills in writing real SQL code. Queries covered in SQL Level I include wildcard filters and multi-table queries with inner and outer joins.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to write SQL queries in Microsoft SQL server. You'll also be able to apply what you've learned to other Database Management Systems (DBMSs) that are compatible with SQL, such as MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and Microsoft Access.
SQL Level I is taught at our affiliate school, NYIM Training, in Midtown Manhattan.
Register for this class
185 Madison Ave, NYC
This course is offered at our business training school, NYIM Training, in Midtown Manhattan. Register for this course directly on NYIM’s website.
What You’ll Learn
- Fundamentals of Relational Databases
- What is SQL and SQL Server?
- Major clauses including SELECT and FROM
- Sort data with ORDER BY clauses
- Filter and group data with WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING
- Simplify queries with aliases
- Extract data with queries
- Use inner and out joins to pull data from multiple tables
- Summarize data with aggregate functions: SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, COUNT
SQL Level I Class Syllabus
- Microsoft SQL Server
- What is SQL?
- What are Relational Databases?
The Graphic User Interface
- Object Explorer
- Query Window
- Results Grid
- Basic Clauses
- Field and Table Aliases
- Creative use of Aliases
- Inner and Outer Table Joins
- Self Joins
- Union Joins
- Cross Joins
- Distinct Records
- Text Criteria & Operators
- Wildcard Filters
- Numeric Criteria & Operators
- Complete a hands-on project to retain and refine skills