- Back end web development is crucial for modern websites, handling complex programs, storing relevant information, and generating new content based on user actions.
- Skills in back end web development are indispensable for organizing, cataloging, and managing data, making websites dynamic and interactive.
- A Full Stack Web Development Certificate program can be beneficial for those dedicated to creating websites, as it covers skills for both front-end and back-end web development.
Back end web development is known for its behind-the-scenes work, and you might think most of its skills are hard to learn. This guide will walk you through the best ways to learn back end web development to simplify the process. No matter how you apply your new skills, you’ll be able to move forward confidently.
What is Back End Web Development?
Back end web development covers the back end, or “server-side,” of websites. Essentially, it’s the part of websites that handles everything that happens behind the scenes. Without back end web development, websites would only have text, images, and sometimes animations.
Back end web development is important because it helps websites function. While websites can operate using only front end web development, they will be relatively basic and unable to retain anything. Back end web development allows complex programs to operate on the site, store relevant information, and generate new content based on the user’s actions. Modern websites need back end web development to stay current because simple websites can only go so far in the increasingly digital world.
Read more about back end web development and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Back End Web Development?
While front end web development focuses on the parts of websites that users see, back end web development handles most of its functions. Back-end web development skills are essential when it comes to organizing, cataloging, and saving (or deleting) data. Without these skills, websites are static and lifeless. You’ll need to use back end web development to ensure that your site meets modern standards and user expectations. Front-end-only websites might lead to user frustration if the site is intended for complex uses such as data retrieval.
Back end web development allows websites to store login information and prevent user frustration from forgetting their password when they revisit your site. If you’ve accidentally logged out of essential websites after clearing your cache, you know how much of a headache it can be to re-login to every site you visit. Your users will appreciate the ease of access to their accounts, which will help enhance their overall user experience.
Is Back End Web Development Easy to Learn?
Those dedicated to creating websites also look into Full Stack Web Development Certificate programs because they cover skills for front-end web development, which is the web development side that users can see on the page. Full Stack Developers usually specialize in either front end or back end web development, which means you can focus on mastering back end web development and pursue a position that can utilize both skills as needed.
What to Know Before Learning Back End Web Development
Back end web development has many related fields due to its role as the server-side overseer of websites. That means it needs programming languages to code its parts and a client-side counterpart to give meaning to everything you program. This section will overview a handful of useful topics before beginning your back end web development training.
Front End Web Development
Even if you don’t plan to focus on front end web development for your career, it’s still important to know because front end work affects back end work and vice versa. Developer teams have Front End Developers, Back End Developers, and Full Stack Developers that collaborate closely to ensure everything is running smoothly. It’s worth looking into web development as a general field when you’re beginning your training since many topics overlap.
Python programmers often use Django, a framework that allows you to automate tasks. Once you have a solid foundation in Python’s programming language, you can learn Python Web Development with Django. Django’s a more advanced topic, which means it will be an impressive skill on your resume and will put you ahead of the rest of the pack.
Learn Back End Web Development with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
Learning back end web development is pretty straightforward, and the process can become easier when working with a well-prepared training facility. Noble Desktop has taught live online back end web development classes and other computer science subjects for over 30 years. They’re an excellent choice when you’re looking to expand your career or start a new one.
- General web development skills, specifically front end web development skills, are the most helpful when learning about back end web development.
- Python is another useful programming language that can give you the competitive edge you need to secure a new job or get that promotion.
How to Learn Back End Web Development
- Find Web Development Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a web development class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online web development classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite web development training