Python is the fastest-growing and most popular language used by programmers for data science, web applications, and game development. Python is considered a high-level programming language as it uses the English language, making it very easy for beginners to learn quickly.
In this hands-on Python course, you will begin by learning the fundamentals of Python code and transition into more complicated programming tasks. The class will culminate in a final project with a focus on data science.
This course is designed for beginners who are new to the powerful world of coding, and is a great fit for students with a clearly defined learning goal of using Python for data science. There is no math/coding requirement necessary.
What You’ll Learn
- Data types within Python which include strings, integers, list, floats, etc.
- Control flow, looping, and function which will allow you to create powerful programs.
- Object-Oriented Programming which will allow for the creation of reusable programs.
- Combine these skills into a special project in data science.
Python for Data Science Bootcamp Class Syllabus
Introduction to Programming
- History of Computers
- Understanding Hardware
- Writing First Program (“Hello World”)
Variables & Data Types
- Strings, Integers, Integers, Floats, Boolean, etc.
- Assigning Variables
- Define motivation behind control flow
- If, If-Else, Elif, Switch Statements
Complex Data Types
- Initializing Lists
- Printing Lists
- List functions such as length, append, pop, etc.
- Introduction to Dictionaries & their structures
- Define the motivation behind using a loop
- For, While, Do-While, For Each loops
- Error Handling
- Identify when to use a function
- Syntax & Implementation
- Arguments & Return values
Object Oriented Programming
- Introduction to O.O.P paradigm
- Introduction to Objects, Classes,Instances
- Inheritance, Abstraction, and Sets
- File Input
- User Input
- List Comprehension
- Introduction to Data Science
- Review Python Fundamentals
- Understanding the data science discipline
- Data set reading
- Filtering, Cleaning, Manipulating Data
- Excel vs Python
- Matplotlib Package
- Understanding motivations between different graphs
- Sci-Kit Learn package
- Understand motivation and definition of machine learning
- Intro to Python for Web Development & Web Applications
- Exploring Django & Flask
- Understand basic HTML/CSS principles
- Understanding Flask
- Creating simple websites using Flask
- Creating Routes using Flask
- Using Templates with variables
- Flask Requests using APIs
- Develop a working web app