This is a unique seminar designed especially for college guidance counselors, college admissions support teams only, and those assisting early careerists.
As the demand for highly skilled technology experts increases, universities are continuing to expand their computer science offerings for students. That means students have more options, and therefore more opportunities, than ever before!
At NextGen, we’re committed to ensuring all students get the best computer science education possible. That’s why we work tirelessly to stay up-to-date on the latest trends in education, the workplace, and in professional tech industries. We also understand that college guidance and career counselors seldom have the time and resources necessary to stay on top of the ever-changing world of technology.
We are proud to bring you an exciting, totally free evening that’s jam-packed with information and activities to bring you up-to-speed on today’s technology education and the impact of technology on career trends.
All are welcome—no prior knowledge is necessary to join! This seminar will give you a strong foundation in important computer science topics without being overly technical. Help your students prepare for college and the modern job market with NextGen!
Thu, Feb 21, 7–9pm
Noble Desktop, 594 Broadway, Suite 1202
What You’ll Learn
The evening will be divided into different parts:
- First, we’ll discuss coding—what it is, how it’s used, and why it‘s useful. We’ll place a particular emphasis on two key trends: data science and artificial intelligence.
- Next, we’ll describe the various pathways through which students can prepare for college-level programming courses and degree programs, and we’ll explain why every student can benefit from learning to code!
- After that, Our Early Stage Careers (www.earlystagecareers.com) experts will review the importance of specific skill credentials in job seeking, and how identifying and closing skill gaps during college leads to better outcomes for early careerists in all disciplines.
- After that, we’ve allotted time for a Q & A session, giving you the space to ask our founder and career experts whatever questions you’d like!
- Finally, everyone will have the opportunity to meet and network with one another and the NextGen team while enjoying complimentary wine and desserts.