How to Get Started in Web Design
NYC: Mon, Aug 28, 6–8pm
If you’ve been thinking about learning to code and/or creating a website, this is the seminar for you. You’ll learn how websites are designed and built from scratch.
You’ll get an introduction to HTML and CSS and see how they are used to layout webpages and style content. We will upload a site to make it live for the world to see!
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover:
- Where to get started.
- An overview of the creative process from design to execution.
- What software should you use?
- What are HTML and CSS?
- Marking up content with HTML.
- Styling text and more with CSS.
- Optimizing graphics for the web (as PNG, JPEG, or GIF).
- Proper ways to name your files.
- Proper file structure for your website.
After the seminar you’ll come out with a better sense of the big picture of how a website works and how you’d create it. And you’ll get written instructions so you can do your first project after class.This seminar is for the beginner, someone who is completely new to web design.
New York City seminars are held at:
594 Broadway, Suite 1202 (between Prince & Houston) Map