There are desktop apps (or code editors with Git integration) that provided a graphical user interface (GUI) so you don't have to use the command line.
Git GUI Desktop Apps
- SourceTree (by Atlassian, makers of Bitbucket): sourcetreeapp.com Free
- GitHub Desktop: desktop.github.com Free
- Sublime Merge: sublimemerge.com (by the makers of Sublime text) $99 for individuals. $75/year for business users.
- GitKraken: gitkraken.com Plans start at $49/year for commercial use.
- Git Tower: git-tower.com Plans start at $69/year.
Free Code Editors with Git Integration
Go Beyond Git
Git is an essential tool for collaborating with other programmers. Learn Git and more through our coding classes in New York City: