Data analytics is a discipline that involves collecting and analyzing data to find insights. The main goal of the data analytics process is to use statistical analysis and other technologies on datasets to identify trends and find solutions to problems. Watching video tutorials online is a popular method of learning data analytics. Videos are a good learning method for beginners to receive a basic overview of the field of data analytics and can provide an affordable alternative to in-person or live online study. This article will cover a range of videos, including what they teach and where to find them.
What is Data Analytics?
Data analytics is a broad term that describes the various techniques used to analyze raw, unprocessed data so that relevant insights and trends can be extracted. Organizations then use this information to make more informed, data-driven decisions. The data analytics process includes gathering data, organizing them, and performing statistical analysis on these numbers. Once the analysis is complete, the Data Analyst offers predictions that can inform the company’s next steps.
Each day, an estimated 2.5 quintillion bytes of data is created. This number is expected to grow as more organizations embrace technological advances and expand their online presence. However, until these data are analyzed, they are just numbers. A Data Analyst’s job involves combining computer programming, math, and statistics to interpret these numbers and transform them into actionable insights that they can share with various stakeholders in their organization.
Read more about why you should learn data analytics.
What Can You Do with Data Analytics?
The field of data analytics has many real-world applications across industries and professions. At the core of the data analytics process is the goal of using data to make better decisions. Companies rely on the data's insights to make more informed business decisions, which can help their organization grow, increase revenue, or better serve employees and customers.
Data analytics can help with marketing campaigns by eliminating the bulk of the guesswork in planning, creating content, and developing products. It also provides an overview of customers, which can help organizations better meet their needs. By better understanding your audience and what they want, targeting them with more pointed marketing initiatives and campaigns is easier.
Another widespread use of data analytics is to improve customer service. When data is analyzed, it reveals important insights about customers, which makes it possible to offer them more personalized service. Data can provide information on how customers prefer to communicate, what interests they have, what concerns they hold, and what products they look at most often. In addition, having data stored in a central location allows an organization’s customer service team to be on the same page as their marketing and sales teams.
Another use of data analytics is to improve the efficiency of operations within an organization. Data can reveal weaknesses in operations, as well as opportunities to streamline various processes. This not only helps the business perform more efficiently but can save money over time. For example, if you have a clearer idea of what your target audience is looking for, you won’t need to waste time and resources designing ads or writing content that doesn’t directly target their interests. This leads to less wasted money, as well as better campaign results.
Why Are Video Tutorials Helpful When Learning Data Analytics?
If you are considering studying data analytics using video tutorials, the following are just a few of the reasons this method of learning is a good option:
- Because video content is pre-recorded, it can be watched at your own speed and paused as often as necessary. In addition, you can revisit data analytics videos as often as you wish if you want to reinforce a concept.
- Unlike bootcamps or certificates in data analytics that can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars, online videos and tutorials are typically a much more affordable learning option. Some educational providers even offer introductory-level data analytics content for free.
- Unlike regularly scheduled classes, they do not require rearranging your schedule to attend or committing to a class that meets at specific intervals.
- Video content is an especially effective way to learn data analytics for visual learners. It provides a learning option that allows you to follow along with the video in real-time, which can help with the learning process.
Types of Data Analytics Videos
One of the perks of studying data analytics with online videos is that there is a lot of excellent video content available from top educational providers:
- For those who are interested in learning more about how to work with data, Noble Desktop offers a free introductory data science webinar is a good starting point. This 80-minute video provides an overview of the field of data science and focuses on using Python for handling data. This webinar also contains information about what tools are most commonly used by Data Scientists, the reasons to use open-source software, and basic skills for analyzing a dataset.
- If you are interested in a more in-depth exploration of data analytics, Simplilearn’s Data Analytics Full Course for 2022: Data Analytics for Beginners is a good option. This free course is available on YouTube and contains more than ten hours of content for those new to data analytics. Some topics covered include why it’s important to study data analytics, the various types of data analytics, and how to use programming languages like R and Python to perform analysis.
- Coursera’s Introduction to Data Analytics is another free resource for individuals who want to learn more about data analytics. This class offers instruction on relevant data analytics tools and concepts, such as programming using Python and R, performing statistical analysis and sentiment analysis, and using API services to gather data from social media.
- LinkedIn Learning also provides video courses devoted exclusively to data analytics. A variety of courses are currently listed, such as “Learning Excel: Data Analysis,” “Build Your Data Analysis Skills,” “Python Data Analysis,” and “SQL: Data Reporting and Analysis (2019).”
Why Learn Data Analytics?
The driving principle behind data analytics is solving problems. These problems can affect entire organizations and their employees and customers. A background in data analytics empowers you to think analytically when approaching these problems, a skill that extends beyond the professional sector. In addition, this field requires individuals to have excellent communication skills, leadership training, and attention to detail, all transferable skills that can help in all facets of life.
The big data boom has created more of a need than ever before for those with skills in data analytics to help organizations understand their data to capitalize on the insights these numbers reveal. For this reason, Data Analysts are in demand in nearly every industry that works with data. As more businesses and sectors begin to see the value in collecting data and using it to fuel their decision-making process, the more value they see in the data analytics process. This is why pursuing a career in data analytics can lead to high-paying professional options in many industries.
Read more about why you should learn data analytics.
How Difficult is It to Learn Data Analytics?
Data Analysts rely on many tools and languages to help them organize, analyze, and visualize data. Computer programming languages like Python and SQL play an integral role in the analytics process.
Python is a free, multi-functional programming language with many uses for data analysis. Because of its easy-to-learn, relatively simple syntax, Python is used to write effective solutions to complicated problems in just a few lines of code. In addition, Python has various free libraries available to the public. Libraries such as SciPy and Pandas are among the most popular for data science professionals. Python also includes many data visualization options, such as interactive plots, charts, and graphs. Python’s built-in analytical tools can quickly locate patterns and correlations in massive datasets, making it a vital tool for Data Analysts.
SQL, or structured query language, is another helpful tool for Data Analysts. This querying language was created to communicate with the data located in relational database systems. SQL is based on English syntax, meaning it’s easy to learn, even for those without prior programming experience. SQL is free for testers and developers who intend to use it in non-production environments, like designing and developing software solutions. Students can download SQL Server 2019 Developer for free from Microsoft.
Microsoft Excel is available as part of the Microsoft 365 family. This spreadsheet program has a range of applications for data analytics. This industry-standard spreadsheet application is easy to use and accessible to those who do not have technical expertise. An Excel spreadsheet is made up of rows and columns that contain cells. Each cell contains one data point. When using Excel for data analytics, complex, repetitive tasks are easy to perform and can be executed in a fraction of the time it would take manually. In addition, Excel’s clear organizational structure allows users to easily retrieve data from spreadsheets to locate actionable insights.
Because most Data Analysts create data visualizations as part of their job, another essential tool they rely on is Tableau. Tableau is a popular visual analytics and business intelligence platform that allows users to create stunning, interactive visualizations based on their data findings. This program is considered easy to use and accessible to users from all backgrounds. Its dynamic software allows users to create visual depictions of data trends, patterns, and findings, which can then be shared with others within a company to make better business decisions.
Read about how difficult it is to learn data analytics.
Learn Data Analytics with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
There’s never been a better time to study data analytics. If you’re interested in learning more about this popular field, Noble Desktop has you covered. Noble offers several data analytics classes for beginners and those with a background in data who want to master specific or advanced tools and skills.
Noble’s Data Analytics Certificate is a project-based course designed to teach students how to collect, wrangle, analyze, and visualize data. Participants complete several real-world projects using predictive and prescriptive analytics to prepare them for careers as Business Analysts or Data Analysts. This course provides all students with one-on-one mentoring, as well as the option of a free course retake to revisit the material.
In addition, Noble’s SQL Bootcamp is a great learning option for learners interested in studying SQL to help with their data journey. This 18-hour class teaches participants how to use PostgreSQL to find information in databases. Those who enroll will learn how to write SQL queries, aggregate data, join tables, and filter results.
For students who want to work with Tableau for data analytics and visualization, Noble’s Tableau Bootcamp is a solid choice. This class is taught by an expert instructor and is available both in-person in Manhattan and in the live online format for those who wish to study remotely. This course takes students on a learning journey, starting with the basics of data visualization. Those enrolled also work with Tableau Public and its various tools for analysis and visualization. By course completion, participants will be able to analyze, filter, structure, and visualize data and publish the results. All students have the option of a free course retake.