Want to cement your coding skills and stand out in your career path? Getting a certificate or certification could be the right way to do it. This review provides the best path towards obtaining a coding certification and the best coding classes and careers to consider.
- Coding is a high-demand skill in today's job market, adaptable to nearly any industry, and obtainable through certifications and certificates.
- Certifications are earned through exams administered by professionally-recognized platforms, while certificates are usually awarded at the end of courses or bootcamps.
- Employers often regard coding certificates and college degrees equally when making hiring decisions, making certifications and certificates important for career progression.
- Reputable certifications, including AWS Certification and Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect Certification, are highly respected by coding industries.
- To obtain a certificate or certification, you can sign up for a bootcamp or register with the certification facility and pass the exam.
One of the easiest ways to demonstrate your coding skills is to get a certificate or certification. You might be overwhelmed by the different certifications and certificate programs available. You might also have questions like “what coding language is best?” or “How can I stand out in my career path?” This article aims to provide answers to these questions to help you efficiently choose the right path towards a coding certification.
What is Coding?
Coding skills are required in many positions, including Software Engineer, Full Stack Developer, Cybersecurity Analyst, Machine Learning Engineer, and many others. The main upside of coding is that it’s also adaptable to nearly any industry, including education, fashion, finance, medicine, entertainment, and marketing. While it may seem complicated to break into a coding career, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Nowadays, anyone can become a coder and obtain an entry-level position after taking a coding bootcamp or two.
Read more about what coding is and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Coding?
Coding is an incredibly versatile field that covers a wide selection of topics. You’ll be able to create websites, algorithms, and programs that have uses in every industry on the market. Even if your chosen career operates primarily in-person, you’ll be able to take creative approaches to coding that will make everyone’s lives easier.
You can make your own video game, build an online presence for your small business, or code simple programs that automate your mundane tasks. There’s no limit to what you can do with coding. This impressive skill will always serve you well if you have an imaginative mind and a willingness to learn more.
Certifications vs. Certificates: What’s the Difference?
It’s easy to think that you can say “certifications” and “certificates” interchangeably, but there’s a difference between them. Certifications are usually earned through exams administered by professionally-recognized platforms. These exams are regarded highly in the professional field because passing them requires mastery of their subjects.
Certificates are usually earned at the end of courses and bootcamps to signify completion. Many employers hire people with these certificates, and employers often regard coding certificates and college degrees equally when making hiring decisions.
While mapping out your career, consider how to implement these certifications and certificates into your plan. Ideally, you’ll want to incorporate both to bolster your resume and gain valuable experience to maximize your earning potential. Certificate courses help you prepare for certification exams and may help you get a higher-paying job.
Top Certifications & Certificates for Coding
You’ll want to choose the certificate programs and certification exams to help you with your career goals. Take a moment to review some of the available options through Noble Desktop.
Are you interested in data, analytics, or algorithms? You’ll want to learn Python and get a Python Developer Certificate because it's the primary programming language for those fields. Within a few weeks, you’ll have a solid foundation in Python resources such as DjangoREST, Git, and SQL.
After completing your coursework and exploring some core programming concepts, you can start preparing for a certification exam. Here are a few reputable certifications that are highly respected by coding industries:
- AWS Certification
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect Certification
- Microsoft Azure Developer Associate Certification
- International Web Association’s Certified Web Professional Certification
Download their study guides and take their sample tests to practice. Once you feel sufficiently prepared, you can register to take the exam, and if you pass, you’ll earn your certification.
Should I Get Certified in Coding?
Whether or not you should get a certification or certificate will depend on your career path. Some positions, such as Cybersecurity Analyst or Project Managers, will benefit from having certifications and certificates (in some cases, they can be required). Other positions, such as Graphic Designer and Video Editor, don’t necessarily need them to get employed, but having a certification or certificate can help when it’s time for career progression.
Getting a certification or certificate is a good idea if you desire to move up in your current position or are planning to pivot into another role. Both are valued by most employers and are an integral part of considerations for promotions.
How to Get Certified in Coding
To obtain a certificate, sign up for a bootcamp or equivalent program and follow it through to completion. At the end of the program, you’ll receive your certificate that you can display on your resume, portfolio, or LinkedIn profile.
When it comes to certifications, you’ll need to register with the certification facility and pass the exam. You’ll usually be able to download study guides and sample questions, although the exact specifications will depend on the exam provider.
- Certificates and certifications are an excellent way to present mastery of coding skills.
- Employers feel that certificate holders are as qualified as college graduates.
- Certificate programs can help prepare you for certification exams, and both can make you stand out in your field.
Learn Coding with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
Noble Desktop has a robust collection of coding classes and bootcamps that fit various learning needs. They offer in-person classes in Manhattan as well as live online classes internationally. All classes have relatively small class sizes and are taught by coding experts who have practical knowledge in the field. After completing your classes, you’ll have the option to retake those courses at no cost for up to one year, allowing you to practice, review subjects, and receive insights from instructors for free.
Anyone interested in algorithms and data collection should look into the Python for Data Science Bootcamp. It’ll show you the fundamentals of Python and everything that it entails. The possibilities of uses with Python are vast. Companies such as Netflix and Amazon use Python, and this bootcamp will teach you how to start writing your own Python programs.
How to Learn Coding
- Full-Stack Web Development Certificate at Noble Desktop: live, instructor-led course available in NYC or live online
- Find Coding Classes Near You: Search & compare dozens of available courses in-person
- Attend a coding class live online (remote/virtual training) from anywhere
- Find & compare the best online coding classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms
- Train your staff with corporate and onsite coding training