For the last few years, Python has been the most popular coding language learned at educational institutes. Statistics reveal that Python has become popular in a number of other settings as well as reflected by the following:
- In 2018, the IEEE Spectrum ranked Python its top programming language of the year ahead of C++ and Java.
After reading these facts, you might wonder why so many programmers have decided to learn and favor Python. The answer is that mastery of Python offers several advantages that cannot be found with other programming languages.
This article describes several of the most common reasons why new and established developers should learn Python.
# 1 - Learning Python Results in a Larger Salary
Statistics compiled by Indeed.com reveal that an average Python developer makes approximately $120,923 which makes the language one of the programming codes with the highest average salary.
There are several reasons why workers who hone Python skills can secure higher salaries, which include the following:
- While other programming languages like Ruby language can also lead to high salaries, Python has a much larger number of potential uses which means developers who are skilled in the language are able to perform more functions and as a result, command a higher salary.
- Python code works in a number of platforms including LinuX, MacOS, and Windows. This means that Python developers can successfully handle a larger number of platforms than people who work with other programming languages. As a result, this provides another justification for a larger salary than other programming languages.
- Some of the largest companies in the world today including Amazon, Dropbox, Facebook, Instagram, Google, NASA, Netflix, Quora, and Reddit who pay workers larger than average salaries rely on Python. As a result, a developer who becomes skilled at Python has an increased chance of getting hired by not just these companies but and many others who pay workers particularly high salaries.
# 2 - There Are a Number of Python Uses
One of the main advantages of learning Python is that it can be used in a variety of ways. Some of the most common applications of Python include:
- Computer graphics
- Game development
- Finance and trading
- Mathematical and scientific computing
- Security and penetration testing
- System administration
- Web development
# 3 - Developers Can Learn Python More Quickly than Other Languages
Python can be learned faster than many other languages. No matter if you are a beginning developer or a developer looking to add a new programming language to your resume, you can become skilled in Python much more quickly than it would take to learn most other languages. Not only will you learn the language more quickly than other programming codes, as we already established, you will also be likely to command a higher salary with Python skills.
One of the reasons why Python can be learned so quickly is that the language was designed from its inception to be easily understood by users. Some of the basic elements of Python include:
- While not exactly parts of commands, comments let users provide notes for anyone else who reads the code to see.
- Data Type. Python recognizes several different types of data. Character strings (sometimes just referred to as strings) are a data type that let users see messages in single or double quotes. Some of the other types of data in Python are lists and tuples, which allows users to see certain sequences, ranges which allows users to see integer lists, and boolean values which are expressed as either true or false.
- Expressions. Not part of commands, expressions involve anything in Python that creates a value including constants, operators, and variables.
- This category includes a number of predefined mathematical operations in Python that can add, subtract, multiply, and divide data.
- Assignments and variables. This feature of Python evaluates mathematical expressions and then assign the result of this expression to a variable.
- This element lets Python make "if-else" choices as part of its code.
- This function enables Python to execute a series of code a repeated number of times instead of just once.
# 4 - Learning Python Leads to Job Security
Because Python is an open source language, it will never be complete. Instead since its creation in 1989, Python has developed in numerous ways. Some of the improvements that have been made to the language since its creation include:
- The introduction of more third-party modules, which have significantly increased the number of platforms with which Python can interact.
- Additions to Python’s enormous standard library, which provides pieces of code that users can borrow rather than be forced to write their own.
- The creation of new style guidelines, which provide easy to understand rules about how to format and write Python Code.
Join a Python Class
No matter if you are a beginning or experienced developer, these are just some of the reasons why you should give serious consideration about learning Python. The language is an excellent way to begin learning to code and if you are a developer with skills in Java or C++, learning Python gives you one more popular code to add to your list of talents.
We invite you to look at our site today and enroll in the Python class or Python Data Science Bootcamp that best fits your experience level. We also offer many other programming courses and bootcamps, including Front and Back-End Web Development, SQL Programming, and iOS App Development.