It’s no secret that mobile devices have changed the computing landscape. An increasing number of people are browsing websites on smartphones and tablets, so they need to be mobile-optimized. People are also using native apps specifically designed for smartphones and tablets. With these new devices come new design challenges that we’ll discuss in this seminar.
Join us for a free 2-hour seminar so you can become a better designer. Here are some topics we’ll talk about:
- How Mobile is Affecting Logo Design
- Small screens can be challenging. We’ll talk about and show examples of various styles of mobile navigation.
- Pros and cons of different types of mobile navigation.
- User experience and content flow. Considering what your users need, so they have a great experience.
- Responsive Web Design
- A responsive website adapts itself across different size screens (mobile, tablet, desktop, etc.). Unlike separate mobile and desktop sites, a responsive website uses a single codebase that adapts to any size screen.
- Mobile First: Improve your designs by focusing on mobile devices first, instead of treating them as an afterthought once you’ve designed the desktop site.
- Designing flexible content that can work across devices.
- Emails can be responsive too!
- How much can you do?
- What do you need to keep in mind?
- How Do I Create My Graphics/Designs?
- What resolution & size should you work at?
- How to design for hi-res displays (Retina or HiDPI).
- Minimum button sizes that are ideal for tappable items.
- Previewing your designs live on devices while you work!
- Font considerations. How mobile fonts affect overall identity and print designs!
- Guidelines for App Icons
- Common icon sizes for iOS & Android
- Templates for automating icon creation
Not currently scheduled. Want to see this seminar again? Send us a note: