- Certifications and certificates in Node.js are different - while certifications are awarded after passing a proctored skills exam, certificates are akin to diplomas, awarded to students who complete industry-recognized skills training programs.
- Node.js is a crucial skill in the professional sector, utilized by upwards of 98% of Fortune 500 companies, making a certification or certificate in this field highly valuable.
- Node.js skills are applicable in a wide array of industries, from web applications to the Internet of Things.
- OpenJS offers certification exams that simulate on-the-job tasks for Node.js developers, lasting two hours.
- While becoming Node.js certified is not a requirement for employment, it can give you a competitive edge by demonstrating your proficiency in an in-demand skill.
If you’re looking for a way to demonstrate your skills in Node.js, you might be overwhelmed by the different certifications and certificate programs available. You might also have many questions, such as, will I need to become Node.js certified to get a job. How do I become Node.js certified? How do I prepare to become certified?This article aims to answer these questions so you can efficiently choose the right path toward a Node.js certification. Keep reading to find out more.
What is Node.js?
Node.js is also an integral tool in the continued development and refinement of the Internet of Things. More and more of our daily lives involve interacting with devices connected to the internet, ranging from our watches and phones to our cars and refrigerators. The various applications that these objects run to serve their niche functions tend to rely on Node.js to build the server environments and the asynchronous data processing events that allow multiple physical objects to be in meaningful conversation with one another over an internet connection. If you are using your voice to tell the virtual assistant on your desk to tell your thermostat to lower the temperature, Node.js infrastructure was likely vital in that exchange.
Read more about what Node.js is and why you should learn it.
What Can You Do with Node.js?
Node.js is an incredibly versatile runtime environment that lets users construct virtually any program that seeks to use the functionalities of a webpage without needing to open up a web browser. This is vital for many web applications, such as almost all direct messaging programs and chatbot software. If you are designing an application and want to include a live chat feature, you will likely need to use Node.js. Node.js is also used for single-page web applications like Google Docs and Gmail. Even something as simple as including push notifications or scrolling news and weather updates in your application will require using Node.js.
Node.js is also a vital part of making the Internet of Things possible. Node.js is one of the key frameworks and runtime environments that allow sensors to detect changes and stimuli and relay that information to a device connected to the internet. This means that if you use the voice command on a digital assistant to tell your Bluetooth speaker system to lower its volume, you are using a program made possible thanks to Node.js. As this technology becomes more advanced and enters into sectors like the automotive and medical fields, skilled Node.js programmers will be able to construct complex, interconnected, potentially life-saving new technologies.
Certifications vs. Certificates: What’s the Difference?
Many students new to the industry may be surprised to learn that there are multiple ways to become Node.js certified and that Node.js certifications differ from Node.js certificates. While they both demonstrate significant skills, mastery, and proficiency to employers, the way they signal proficiency varies.
Node.js certification is awarded when students sit down and pass a proctored skills exam demonstrating their proficiency in Node.js. These are timed exams offered through providers such as the Linux Foundation, and these exams do not come with a skills training component. They often expire after a fixed time, requiring users to take a new exam to update their certification.
Top Certifications & Certificates for Node.js
those looking to leverage their existing Node.js skills can become Node.js certified by taking an exam through OpenJS to become certified as service developers or application developers. These exams last two hours and simulate on-the-job tasks that Node.js developers will be expected to undertake. OpenJS offers review material to help students prepare.
Students can also prepare to take these exams by enrolling in a skills training course offered through Noble Desktop.
Should I Get Certified in Node.js?
How to Get Certified in Node.js
Learn Node.js with Hands-on Training at Noble Desktop
At Noble Desktop, students can learn Node.js in a wide array of different course settings. However, no matter what program you enroll in, you’ll stand to benefit from the chance to interface with expert instructors in their field in small, intimate classes that rarely exceed twenty students. Even online, students will be placed in private classrooms with live instructors who can answer their questions and provide feedback in real-time. You can also retake any course within one year, giving them an extra chance to hone their Node.js skills.
These courses are career-focused training seminars, meaning they are designed to take students from novices in their field and graduate them as trained professionals ready to enter the workforce as Web Developers. These courses deliver hands-on training in the kinds of Node.js projects students will be hired to work upon and provide one-on-one professional mentorship as a part of their professional development. Students will conclude the course by working on a final web development sample portfolio. Upon completion, they will be awarded a career development certificate which signals to employers that they are prepared to start working as Node.js experts.
- Certificate-granting programs are ideal for students who feel that they need additional skills training in Node.js
- Certification exams are the ideal way to become certified for students who have significant Node.js experience.
- Whether you are looking to enroll in a certificate-granting training program or brush up on your skills in preparation for a certification exam, Noble Desktop is available to help with live online or in-person Node.js training courses.
How to Learn Node.js
- Find & compare the best online coding classes (on-demand) from the top providers and platforms