How to Get Started in Web Design
NYC: Thu, May 30, 6–8pm
If you’ve been thinking about creating a website but don’t know where to start, this is the seminar for you. We’ll talk about how you go about creating a website and the software you would use to do it.
We’ll explain what HTML and CSS are, and how they are used to layout webpages and style content. We’ll show how to use Adobe Fireworks to create graphics for your webpages. We’ll also address whether you should use Adobe Dreamweaver or hand code HTML and CSS.
Here are some of the topics we’ll cover:
- Where to get started.
- An overview of the creative process from design to execution.
- What software you should use?
- What are HTML and CSS and do you need to know them?
- What is Adobe Dreamweaver, and should I use it?
- How to create website graphics with Adobe Fireworks.
- Why and how you save images as GIF, PNG or JPEG.
- How to style text and more with CSS.
- Proper ways to name your files.
- Maintaining good file structure within your website.
After the seminar you’ll come out with a better sense of the big picture of how a website works and how you’d create it. This seminar is for the beginner, someone who is completely new to web design.
New York City seminars are held at:
594 Broadway, Suite 1202 (between Prince & Houston) Map