Moving from Print to Web with Adobe CS6
ONLINE: Wed, Sep 4, 3–5pm ET
Moving from print to web design can be a daunting task. The workflows are unique and print designers often struggle when trying to figure out the best way to design websites. In this seminar we’ll teach how to approach a project. What steps do you take from concept, to design, to complete working website? What software do you use and when?
Some of the topics we’ll cover are:
- The web design workflow and how it’s different from print
- What software to use for mockups
- How to move from mockup, to graphics creation to working website
- Slicing graphics in Photoshop, Fireworks or Illustrator
- How to decide a webpage’s dimensions
- How to design user-friendly navigation
- How to design search engine friendly websites (SEO)
- Online typography: font choices, special characters, etc.
- Where do Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS fit in?
- When is it appropriate to use Flash?
This seminar is meant for print designers who haven’t made the jump to web design or don’t yet feel comfortable with the web design workflow.
New York City seminars are held at:
594 Broadway, Suite 1202 (between Prince & Houston) Map